Television Broadcasting is only getting bigger as an industry and generates 200 billion U.S. dollars a year. More than ever, talented team members are needed as crew, engineers, and journalists. Get a taste of this exciting industry right here at Southampton Cultural Center in our new, TV Broadcast Studio for Students.
Students (ages 16 – adults) will learn skills in every area of the broadcast field and they’ll have the ability to land a position as an SLTV anchor, reporter, director, sound and lighting engineer, graphics engineer, and more.
Be part of the SLTV Team and help us provide great content for our community. Classes will begin in the Fall of 2023 and Spring of 2024.
Live television is a daily reality; important news and events are broadcast or webcast as they happen on network, cable, and Internet outlets. Students learn everything from live on-location reporting, talk shows, and special projects. Our curriculum is designed to do more than prepare broadcasters for the future. There’s an immeasurable amount of perks that students gain from our program. Here are some of the many benefits of establishing a TV and Livestream broadcast program and on-site instructional studio:
- Knowledge of valuable technological and multi-disciplinary skills
- Developing superior abilities in creating quality live and pre-recorded content for TV and Livestreaming, story ideas, writing, editing, producing, and reporting
- Strong leadership skills, including decisiveness, fairness, empathy, and the ability to accept feedback and criticism
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Creative field and studio production skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and also collaboratively
- Familiarity with digital video and audio production and editing equipment and software
- Documentation, organization, and forms
Classes are instructed by executive producer, Bernie Furshpan. To learn more and to sign up for a free presentation about our program, please contact Bernie at [email protected]